TRANSLATION OF BIRTH/MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES
TRANSLATION OF CERTIFICATES
- Public Opening Hours – Mon - Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires - Mon - Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments - First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees - ONLY CASH at the Consular Counters.
- Click here to view the High Commission Holidays
Sri Lankan Birth / Marriage / Death Certificates and National Identity Card translate by the Sri Lanka High Commission in London as a service.
Application forms can be obtained
- From the Consular Division, of this mission between 9.30 a.m. & 1.00 p.m.
- By sending a self addressed, stamped envelope (9' x 6') with a request letter
- Download Full Application form or view all related forms and documents required
- Original document(s) which needs to be translated compulsory
- Normal Service - £25/- per certificate within 14 working days
- Express Service – Additional £15/- per certificate within 05 working days
- Issue of additional copy of a Translation - £ 10/-
- Payment should be made in cash at the counter or by Postal Orders/Bank Drafts written in favour of the "Sri Lanka High Commission" if sent by post.
- Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
- Fees sent from Ireland should be by Bank Draft.
- All original certificates will be returned after perusal.
- If the certificates and documents are to be returned by post, you should provide a self-addressed prepaid special delivery envelope to the weight of 500g along with your application form. The special delivery cover should not be stamped with a postage printout issued by the post office for same day post. Applications sent without prepaid special delivery cover/ or postage will be retained until the applicant collects it personally.
Note: The High Commission will not take any responsibility for documents lost in the post.
If the applicant is unable to come personally to this High Commission to collect the Certificate/ documents, he/she may authorise another person, in writing. The person who comes for collection of documents should produce his identity and the original receipt issued by this High Commission.
IMPORTANT: SUBMISSION OF FORGED BIRTH CERTIFICATES OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS AND MAKING FALSE DECLARATIONS RELATING TO THE CITIZENSHIP STATUS IS AN OFFENCE. SUCH CASES WILL BE REPORTED TO RELEVANT AUTHORITIES AND PAYMENTS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Forms to be downloaded as necessary