WORK / RESIDENCE VISA
- Public Opening Hours – Mon - Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires - Mon - Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments - First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees - ONLY CASH at the Consular Counters.
- Click here to view the High Commission Holidays
The High Commission requires prior approval from the Controller General, Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka (CG, I&E) to issue entry visa under this category.
Please see Residence Visa section in the website www.immigration.gov.lk for details.
Business Organisation or the NGO in Sri Lanka should submit the application for work / residence visa on behalf of the applicant directly to the CG, I & E. The CG, I & E will then authorise this High Commission to issue entry visa to the applicant.
On receipt of the approval from the Controller General of Immigration & Emigration (CG, I & E), the High Commission could issue entry visa once the applicant submits the documents mentioned under 'REQUIREMENTS'.
Once the applicant arrive in Sri Lanka on an entry visa issued by the High Commission, with the approval of the Controller General of Immigration & Emigration Persons can obtain the residence visa /work permit from the CG, I&E on arrival in Sri Lanka.