Temporary/Emergency Passports – Non-Machine Readable Passports (NMRP)
- Public Opening Hours – Mon - Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires - Mon - Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments - First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees - ONLY CASH at the Consular Counters.
- Click here to view the High Commission Holidays
Temporary passports (NMRP) are issued by this mission to Sri Lankans whose passports are expired/damaged/lost or who have already applied for their new passports and wants to go to Sri Lanka for an emergency.
And also, these Temporary Travel Documents are issued for Sri Lankans:
a) Who have applied for refugee or asylum status and but subsequently withdrawn their applications.
b) Who have given up their refugee or asylum status and have decided to return to Sri Lanka before the final decision.
c) Who do not have a Passport or a Travel Document and who wish to return to Sri Lanka.
These passports are valid for 03 months from the date of issue and issued for the sole purpose of returning to Sri Lanka. The applicants can not travel to any other country using this NMRP passport.
The applicants are required to call over at the Consular Division of this mission in person and face an interview to obtain a Temporary / Emergency Passport.
- Form K- IM 35 (Passport Application)
- Four (04) colour photographs of size 35mmX45mm, taken within last 3 months (Full Face)
- Statutory Declaration,Complaint Form & Form D to be filled by the applicants who lost their passports
- Original Sri Lanka National Identity Card or copy
- Previous Passport if available or a copy
- Travel Itinerary / Air Ticket
- If the Passport is lots, the original police report issued by the police station where the complaint was made.
Fees: (Payments by Cash only)
- £35/- if the previous passport is available
- £100/- if the passport is lost
Additional £25 for same day services